Seeing as Spring seems to have finally arrived I thought I’d post the recipe for something Mr PoP and I have been really enjoying lately – pan fried fish (doesn’t have to be sea bass, we’ve also used Sewin and Tuna) with a lovely white bean, rocket and tomato dressed salad. The original recipe is this one, but I made a few additions/tweaks to the salad and skipped the marinating step for the fish. This is a really light and tasty salad, with fresh flavours for Spring, but be warned…it’s surprisingly filling!
Pan fried sea bass with white bean salad
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2-4 fillets sea bass (depending on the size), patted dry and seasoned on both sides with a little salt and pepper
For the salad:
- One small bag of rocket leaves
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Half a red onion, thinly sliced
- Half a red pepper, thinly sliced
- A few sun dried tomatoes, chopped fairly small
- 400g tin of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
For the dressing:
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- One tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- One teaspoon honey (or half of agave)
- One teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- A sprinkle of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake vigourously to combine
- Put the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a small drizzle of oil and put the sea bass in skin side down, cook for about 2-3 minutes and then turn. Cook for another two minutes.
- Meanwhile give the dressing another shake and then add to the salad, toss.
- Divide the salad between two plates and top with the sea bass, serve with lemon wedges on the side, enjoy!
Do you eat a lot of fish?
What’s your favourite fish recipe?
~ PoPpy ~